Friday, December 4, 2009

Look What I brought Home








Well, this little guy was found running down the road next to a golf course. Being the resident pig expert, I was tapped to take him home a foster him until it could be determined he was heatlhy, eating, drinking, etc., and ready for adoption. He is adorable and tiny - weighs all of 6 pounds. He is a baby pot bellied pig I've nicknamed Grunt. I'll let Karen tell more about little Grunt, as she has lots of adorable pictures to share. But I will tell this one tidbit- he does need to be kept warm, and he shivers if he gets chilly. Karen actually did in fact say "Maybe we should let him sleep in the bed tonight"
To which I replied "It has hooves! I draw the line at hoofstock in the bed!"

5 comments:

Farmhand said...

Very cute pig. He's lucky to have found you. I haven't seen too many white ones with black spots--unique. It's a shame you can't just keep him. Any chance that you will?

Carolynn said...

1. omg CUTENESS.
2. BWAAAAH hoofstock in the bed! omg karen, really?? proof positive you have the biggest heart on the planet, i think. :)

Red, Karen and Birkleigh said...

NO, there is no chance we will be keeping him! He was cute, adorable even. But I did my job, got him on his trotters, eating, peeing, pooping, playing, check, check, check! And now I want my laundry room back! He was a nippy little bugger, too!
Besides, I want my pigs to gain in the neighborhood of 1.8 lbs. per day ;)
We did our part, and said good-bye to him this evening. He is in good hands.

Lovey said...

here's hoping Karen didn't try to milk him.

Red, Karen and Birkleigh said...

HA, no, but she was so hoping he wanted a bottle!