foggy and cool, 45 degrees
Got some stuff done this last Saturday, not everything I had wanted to.
What did I get done?
- Finally built a shelf that I've been needing in the garage
- Stowed away the new, big coolers I bought the other day
- Moved some big rocks from the melon patch to the perennial garden
- Cleaned up the flower bed in front of the garage in preparation for winter
- Tidied up around the compost bins, added more plant material
- Talked to a neighbor who stopped by to talk about a holiday sale down the road
- Smoked up a bunch of ribs on the cold smoker
- Cleaned out the broiler pen in the barn, consisting of about 12 wheelbarrow loads of broiler litter
- Turned the compost pile with the tractor loader
- Changed the oil in the car
- Did some laundry
- Picked up the garden area
- Organized some old magazines and periodicals
What didn't I do??
- I didn't get to the paperwork I wanted to do, bills, etc. Why? Because I'd rather shovel manure than do paperwork.
- I didn't clean the house like I wanted to. Why? Because I'd rather change the oil on a car than clean the house.
- I didn't post a blog. Why? because I ran out of time.
- I didn't completely clean out the big barn. Why? See the above.
- I didn't even begin to clean the pole barn. Why? See above.
- I didn't change the oil on the tractor. Why? Not enough time.
- I didn't put the door back up on the basement cellar stairs. Ran out of time.
- I didn't vacuum, or put away laundry, or mulch the garlic, or really a hundred other things that it even takes too much time to think of!
I always wonder what non-rural types do with their time off. What did you do this weekend?